Day and Time is TBD|
Location is TBD
Kindermusik Level 2/ Our Time Classes (2 years to 3.5 years)
Register here to express your interest in our Kindermusik Level 2/ Our Time Classes.
Time & Location
Day and Time is TBD
Location is TBD
About the event
For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 2 to 3.5-year-old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new.
Kindermusik Our Time encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. Playing instruments, singing, moving, and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development — Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play — Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time — Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy — Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities — Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time — Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice — A Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
Cost: $22 per session, to be paid in a term of 10 Lessons of $220. Cost includes access to Kindermusik Digital Online Materials. Can be pro-rated if you join in the middle of the term.
Starting Monday 17 July, 2023
Time: 9.15am to 10am
Venue: Malak Community Centre, Small Room